Saturday, September 12, 2009

The World of Linen.


I made something out of linen for the first time today. I was trying to explain using really good linen to my best friend. He understood.

It's like using roseart crayons because they are cheap and they work and you are just coloring someone else's picture in. But then, on your 8th birthday your favorite aunt buys you a real drawing pad and your first box of 96 crayons with the sharpener in the back.

Yeah, its exactly like that.

Putting the rotary cutter down on that first cut was like cutting butter. And then the sewing machine. Oh! the sewing machine...
You lay the foot down on that first line of stitches and you fall in love. I'm in love.

This is my first linen tote. And I'm super happy.


1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love your description of sewing with really good linen. I'm there - I get it! Great post and an adorable little bag.
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails