Friday, January 25, 2013

The Craft Room Door

On the door to my craft room is a bulletin board I pin things to all season. I've gotten in the habit of making state shapes for lists of animals I need for each show. Geography, ftw! (oh, also! I'm a nerd!) Just the other day I cleared it off to start fresh for the new year. It's really helpful reminder as I'm sitting in my sunlit living room, enjoying a nice relaxing [insert activity] that it's probably time to get back to work. There are animals to make! There are ALWAYS animals to make! It's also become a place to hang inspirations and aspirations.

[singlepic id=50 w=640 h=480 float=left]1. Porter Flea!
2. Big Crafty!
3. I want to make a raccoon.
4. Maker Faire Detroit!
5. Handmade Promenade Pop-up Shop!
6. Collection of Craft Show Hotel Keys
7. RCF Chicago Holiday!
8. <3 Letters (no greater inspiration needed!)
9. Pen Pal
10. Etsy Orders
11. Guide to my sweet Owen County home
12. dumb-dumb-dumb....The $240 speeding ticket I received in Detroit on my way to Maker Faire!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I stood staring at this cork board, I was forced to remember all I'd accomplished this year. (Or in the case of number 12, screwed up. haha) Sometimes as creative people, it's hard to feel pride in our work. There's always something you could have done better, places you could have been stronger. "If I'd just had one more day to prepare." I say this a lot to myself. But standing and staring, I had a real sense of pride of what I'd accomplished, the people I'd connected with, the places I traveled.

[singlepic id=52 w=640 h=480 float=center]

2013 is already filling up. 8 stores to fill, and a show coming up the first of March. (and of course, I had to leave one love letter up.) I'm excited. Let's sew!

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this immense read!! Good written. Content writing is passion for me. I have great research qualities. Thanks for sharing this awesome posting. I hope you will like my services for your career and study in higher classes. I absolutely enjoying every petite bit of it and I have you bookmarked to test out new substance you post. This is my first visit to this website and I am enjoying here a lot. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You’ve really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up. I have bookmarked this website. Such Beautiful amazing blog keep posting. I will be associated with this blog. Thank you Olympics best dissertation

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails