Sunday, March 8, 2015

International Women's Day!




Happy International Women's Day! 

I really just love being a woman. And, hey. I'm so very thankful I live in a country where, while imperfect, I get to make my own decisions. I do not fear religious persecution. I don't have to marry the guy my dad picks, as lovely as my father's guy picking prowess is. I get to chart a course that is for me and me alone.

On that note, my addition to International Women's Day is to open myself up to the world and I have a confession.

I have been a terrible business woman. I don't say that lightly. I don't say it for the bucking up brigade to come and tell me that I am, indeed, awesome. I know I'm awesome. But I have been a TERRIBLE business woman. I could give you a million different reasons and so many excuses that I couldn't carry them all in a bucket as to why I've been awful. Let it just suffice to say that I dropped the ball. I sunk into myself and shut off the world. I let the negative weigh me down into terrible depths. And above all else, I miss myself. I miss the girl in the picture below here. I miss her spunk and her confidence and her tendency to want to be a very bright light. I miss her. I miss myself.

So, today. Today for all of those ladies around the world that do not have the ability, the strength or the even the basic rights to stand up for themselves, I'm here to say, being a woman is amazing. Being a woman means you get to bring life into the world in so many ways; with your light, your power and your children. Today I'm going to say, "enough excuses, Laura. It's time to let yourself speak and your work speak for itself." Today I'm starting my course over and I have my compass ready.

Today I'm a woman. Today I am powerful.


oh, and it's time to go back to blonde. I was a fox as a blonde.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    RUDRAKSHA BRACELET IN METAL CAPS

    rudraksha bracelet benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pioneer Cranes is TOP EOT Crane Manufacturers in India. The team here is very professional and skillful in providing the customer with the best services. Excellent Quality customer service is a main part of our business that way we provide 24x7 customer service. Strongly made, these cranes serve the application demands of different industries for a long period of time. This EOT Cranes can be modified as per client's requirements. It can be redesigned to what way they want in an easy way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to Lock your Facebook Profile?

    To know about the steps for how to lock your Facebook profile then follow the steps properly. If you want to lock profile then proceed to http://www.facebook.comand then tap on your profile. In the URL, replace www with m and it will open the mobile website on desktop browser. After that, edit your profile button and click on three-dot menu. Lastly, choose lock profile and tap to OK. Now, tap to lock your profile option. These are the steps that users need to follow to lock the Facebook profile.


    What are Ways to Deal with ATT Email Not Working on Outlook?

    To troubleshoot the issue of ATT email not working on Outlook then check out the steps mentioned below. To do that, press Windows + R key together and then type Outlook or safe. After that, click to enter or tap to OK option. Choose OK to continue with the troubleshooting the issue and deal with ATT email not working with Outlook. Lastly, when your Outlook will start then check whether the issue is resolved or not.

    Steps to Silence Outlook Notifications

    To know about the steps to silence Outlook notifications then click on gear icon in the upper-right corner of your screen with your Outlook desktop inbox open. Now, select view all Outlook settings. Tap on general in the column on the far-left and choose notifications. Scroll down to the desktop notifications section. If your Outlook notifications are on, the slider next to send me browser notifications when a message arrive will appear blue and white. Tap on send me browser notifications when a message arrives toggle. When the slider appears white and grey, your Outlook notifications are off. These are the steps that users need to follow silence Outlook notifications.

    Steps to Change Gmail Profile Picture on PC

    Check out the steps mentioned below to change Gmail profile picture on PC. For this, open Gmail application on your computer. Click your profile picture in the top right. Now, tap to manage your Google account. Choose personal info on the Google account page. Under profile picture, click on current profile page. A pop-up screen will appear, click to set profile photo. Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to choose or take the photo. These are the steps that users need to follow to smoothly change the profile picture on computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to sync Gmail with Desktop?

    On your desktop, you can sync Gmail very easily. Just go to the Settings and then click 'Accounts Email & App' and then click on 'Add an Account' and your Google account. Then, enter your email address and password and review the permissions, then click 'Allow' followed by a click on 'Done.' However, if the
    Gmail app not syncing with desktop, you need to check the sync settings in the Gmail app to make sure they're turned on. This should, of course, be enabled by default, but anything can happen. It's possible that you unintentionally turned it off. Make sure Sync Gmail is enabled under 'Data use

    ReplyDelete
  5. How DO I Unlock Yahoo Email Account?

    The lock will be automatically released after 12 hours, but you can always use the Sign-in Helper to recover access to your account right away. Go to the Yahoo Help Forum Page to unlock a locked Yahoo email account. Here, select the message "Account Locked." Now select Sign-in Helper from the drop-down menu. After that, type in your Yahoo Mail address or phone number (You can even enter your recovery email ID or Phone No). Enter your Yahoo ID or phone number now. You may be prompted for the security questions, or an 'Account Key' will be given to your recovery email/phone. You will quickly restore access to your locked Yahoo account if you provide your account key to the recovery address and follow the steps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails